The Personal Information is collected through the process of engaging and applying with Procuret. The Privacy Act 1988 (Act) allows for certain personal information about you to be collected, held, used and disclosed subject to certain conditions.
Information collected includes:
- details to identify you, such as your name, sex, date of birth, marital status, current and previous addresses,
- your driver’s licence number;
- the fact that you have applied with Procuret
- the type of application
- bank account details
- financial information
- social media information
- the amount or that you have agreed to be a guarantor;
- credit bureau information such as any court proceedings information; repayment history information and default information; personal insolvency information;
- your payment details and the details of the bank account or credit card accounts that your payments are received from or that you authorise us to access
- other information about standing, worthiness, history or capacity to pay providers can disclose under the Act, including a credit report
- if you authorise, information supplied by third party providers by associating an account held with another provider with Procuret (and vice versa)
It is possible that your telephone calls to us may be monitored or recorded which we do for internal training purposes.
If you do not provide us with this consent or provide us with personal information requested by us, we may not be able to process your Procuret registration for you.
The reasons we collect this personal information is so:
- We can provide Procuret™, and Procuret related products
- We can verify your identity and that of authorised persons so that we can comply with regulations
- We can manage our relationship with you
- We can conduct better research into products that may be suitable to customers
- We can comply with our regulatory obligations
- We can provide ongoing customer service and support
- We can manage the collection of outstanding payments and resolve any complaints or disputes
- We can enforce our rights under the Procuret™,ment Terms Agreement
- We can develop and provide targeted marketing offers and benefits that may be of interest to you as a Procuret customer
- If you do not want to receive any information about products and services (supplied by us or our preferred providers) which we consider may be of value or interest to you, please advise us as part of the acceptance of these terms or unsubscribe to emails that you may receive.
- We can identify you for the purposes of complying with anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing Act 2006 and other legislation
- We can perform analysis of the type of customers applying for Procuret™, and improving the application experience
- We can use it for related purposes associated with maintaining a relationship with you
We may share your personal information:
- so we can obtain a commercial and a consumer credit report containing information about you from a credit reporting body including Equifax and illion
- to exchange credit information about you with each other; and
- to exchange credit information about you with any credit reporting body and providers of credit to you named in your credit application or a credit report from a credit reporting body
- Funders, investors, financial institutions and banking partners of Procuret
- Suppliers and businesses that assist in the delivery of the Procuret products to you including to do with green ID identity verification and fraud prevention
- State and Federal government agencies, requirements established by regulatory and state laws, or by court order
- Any other third parties that you provide consent for us to do so.
- With the hosting provider, data warehouse, or cloud storage provider responsible for administering or storing Procuret’s business and customer records
- may give a guarantor, or a person who is considering becoming a guarantor, credit information about you for the purpose of enabling the guarantor to decide whether to act as guarantor or to keep informed about the guarantee
- assessing your application or to be a guarantor for the applicant, assessing your ability to meet the payment, managing your Procuret™, Terms and Conditions or the arrangements under we are collecting overdue payments;
- if you are in default under an agreement, notifying, and exchanging information with, other providers and any collection agent of ours;
- to allow a credit reporting body to create or maintain a credit information file about you; and
- internal operations including securitisation, investor reviews, audits, record-keeping, file reviews and portfolio analysis
- to anyone acting on your behalf, for example your financial broker, adviser, solicitor or accountant, unless you tell us not to, referees, or any financial institution nominated by you (for example in a direct debit form) or anyone else you request; and
- where the law requires or permits us to do so or if you consent.
Overseas – Disclosing Information:
- In some cases, your personal information may be disclosed to organisations, staff or contractors located overseas; including without limitation the United States, countries in the European Union and India.
- Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information shared with them under a foreign law.
- Your information may also be stored in cloud or other types of network or electronic storage which is located overseas, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate security arrangements are in place if this is the case. Such storage may be accessed from various countries by an internet connection hence it is not always possible to know in which country your information may be accessed or held
- we will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information is held, managed and accessed in accordance with appropriate standards for the handling of Personal Information
Access and Correction of your Personal Information:
- You can request access to your personal information at any time by contacting our Compliance Manager, details of which are set out below. We will respond to a request for access to your personal information within a reasonable time. If we are going to refuse to give you access to your personal information, we must provide reasons for refusal and details of the relevant provision of the Privacy Act which entitles us to refuse access.
- Subject to some exceptions under Privacy Law, we will provide the personal information we hold in related to you and your application
- If you would like to make a request to access your personal information, or correct any personal information held by Procuret you can contact us at:
Phone: +61 452 460 250
Post: GPO Box 1909
Sydney, Australia, 2001
- We will also take reasonable steps to amend or correct your personal information if you advise us that the information that we hold is inaccurate.
- If we agree to your request to provide the personal information, we will make the information requested available to you within a reasonably practical period of time for us to produce this information to you
- If we do not agree to provide the personal information, we will provide you with the basis of the reason why the information was not provided and we will note our records of this event
- By continuing to maintain a Procuret product with us, you consent to us maintaining, using and disclosing your personal information in the manner set out in this privacy statement
- If you are dissatisfied with Procurets decision, you can contact the relevant regulator to lodge your concerns
- By signing the Procuret Terms and Conditions or completing the Procuret application (includes electronic acknowledgment), you acknowledge having read and understood these permissions to obtain, use and disclose information.
- You authorise the Credit Providers to give, use and obtain, in accordance with the Privacy Act, the information specified above until the credit is repaid in full
- That any third-party websites for suppliers and other providers may operate their own Privacy Policies. Procuret is not responsible for the Privacy Policies of these third parties and we recommend that you review these as they may relate to your interactions with these parties
Electronic Consent and Acknowledgement
- You acknowledge and consent to us sending you all documents, agreements, correspondence and notices in relation to any engagement that you have with Procuret by email, text, social media or via our web site.
By giving this consent:
- You must nominate an email address as part of your registration with us (“Nominated Email Address”)
- You are responsible for regularly checking your Nominated E-mail Address service for email sent by us
- Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting Procuret on email@example.com
- You acknowledge that we will make all legal notices, regulatory disclosures, statements, contracts or any other relevant documents via e-mail at time of engagement or upon request
- If changes to this consent are required due to changes in digital communication media or to improve your user experience, we will notify you of any changes within 2 days notice.